Empty Barrel is a beaten-up blue barrel.
It is a star reward, obtained for free when players collect 1 star and is the first unit reward to be earned.
It is a support item, meaning it can be used to support units on the field with direct control by players over where it is placed. It requires rage to be deployed.
Upon application, a barrel will fall on the area the player selected, dealing melee damage to units, enemies and other rage abilities. Empty Barrel will act as an obstacle once placed on the field, stalling most enemies until it is destroyed. For most missions, Empty Barrel cannot be used to directly destroy the barricade, much like other rage abilities players will unlock later in the game. It has fire resistance and can be placed directly on fire pools.
Empty Barrel's uses are versatile. Having offensive, defensive, and supportive applications allow it to damage or kill cluttered enemies, be placed ahead of time to serve as a stalling tool or defensive wall to help allies that are low on health or have slow reloads, and eliminate stragglers or running enemies from approaching the bus.
Like all rage abilities and units, it is unavailable in League.
Pros[edit | edit source]
- Very low rage cost.
- Short preparation time.
- Moderate base health.
- Fire resistance.
- Doesn't require items to upgrade.
- Ability to drop on the battlefield.
Cons[edit | edit source]
- Weak against melee-resistant enemies.
- Can damage friendly units.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Before update 2.7.0, Empty Barrel used to be an initially available unit, just like Redneck. It would be unlocked after starting Mission 2.
- It still technically is, as it's impossible to fail the first mission of the game, and upon entering Mission 2, players will be instructed to use Empty Barrel.
- According to its description, Empty Barrel was stolen from a warehouse. Mission 3, takes place at a location called Liberty Warehouse, which could be the warehouse in question. Additionally, several Red Barrels appear in this mission as well.
|Humans||Redneck • Farmer • Builder • Mechanic • Pepper • Chopper • Firefighter • Charlotte • Glenn • Policeman • Grenader • Gunslinger • Marine • Sniper • Welder • Carlos • Guard • Carol • Medic • Sonya • Ranger • Willy • Light Soldier|
|Inanimate||Empty Barrel • Medkit • Red Barrel • Molotov • Generator • Nitrogen • Turret|
|TMF Squad||Flamethrower • Soldier • Cap • Swat|
|Circus||Saw • Queen • Berserker|
|Other||Jailer • Specops • Austin • Agents|
|Christmas||Lester • Red Hood • Cashier|