Medkit is a large red first aid kit box marked with a big white cross with silver locks and a handle.
It is a support item, meaning it can be used to support units on the field with direct control by players over where it is placed. It requires rage to be deployed.
Upon application, a first aid kit box will fall on the area the player selected and will begin to emit several pulses in a large green radius that constantly emanate small green cross particles. Units within the radius heal for the documented amount and emanate slightly bigger green cross particles every other pulse. Medkit expires after 10 pulses over the course of 15 seconds. It is completely invincible and can be deployed on top of fire pools thanks to its fire resistance. Although Medkit falls from the sky, similarly to Empty Barrel, Red Barrel, and Nitrogen, it can't cause any damage, making it entirely safe to drop in the middle of grouped-up units. Since it has no offensive or defensive capabilities at all, it is solely a support tool.
Medkit is generally useful for almost any mission as it can heal any amount of units at once for a good amount of time within its radius. It can also extend the lifespan of burning or poisoned units by healing the damage done by their respective debuffs. However, it cannot remove the effects of those affected.
Like all rage abilities and units, it is unavailable in League.
Pros[edit | edit source]
- Low rage cost.
- Moderate preparation time.
- Fire resistance.
- Heals friendly units.
- Doesn't require items to upgrade.
- Ability to drop on the battlefield.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Although Medkit has fire resistance, it cannot actually be destroyed as it has no health in the first place, and no AI ever targets it.
- It's likely that this perk was given to show that it's safe to drop Medkit in fire pools.
- Before the introduction of special abilities, Medkit was the only inanimate unit that could appear in Skirmish as they could be summoned by Medic.
- Since the International Red Cross emblem (red cross on white background) is protected by international treaties, Medkit reverses the colors of the cross and background. However, this makes the Medkit appear to depict the flag of Switzerland.
|Humans||Redneck • Farmer • Builder • Mechanic • Pepper • Chopper • Firefighter • Charlotte • Glenn • Policeman • Grenader • Gunslinger • Marine • Sniper • Welder • Carlos • Guard • Carol • Medic • Sonya • Ranger • Willy • Light Soldier|
|Inanimate||Empty Barrel • Medkit • Red Barrel • Molotov • Generator • Nitrogen • Turret|
|TMF Squad||Flamethrower • Soldier • Cap • Swat|
|Circus||Saw • Queen • Berserker|
|Other||Jailer • Specops • Austin • Agents|
|Christmas||Lester • Red Hood • Cashier|